Debt Counselling Services or Credit counselling services is a process where an individual or family can get advice on all aspects of credit and debt management. The main goal of debt counselling services or credit counselling is to help people who are struggling with debt and provide them with the tools they need to be able to repay their debt without stress.
Debt counsellors can help you by reviewing your financial situation, providing advice on how you can better manage your money, and help you develop a plan for paying off your debts.
Credit counselors are usually independent organizations that are not associated with lenders or other creditors. They charge fees for their services. (See the latest Debt Counselling Fee Structure)
The Best Debt Counselling Centers Near You!
- The National Debt Review Center – Tell: 0410125036 / 0878221249 (website: www.ndrc.org.za) we assist Nationally and our NCR registration number is NCRDC3106.
- Or consult any Registered Debt Counsellor found on the NCR register of registrants website – www.ncr.org.za
How can I apply for Debt Counselling Services?
All that you need to do is to complete this free online application for assessment form HERE and one of our professionals will get in touch with you.
Note: Any person who feels over-indebted can apply for debt counselling, and you can jointly apply with your spouse if you are married in community of property. However, businesses or companies are not allowed to apply.
Once the debt counsellor has ascertained that you are over-indebted, they will apply for a court order to halt all your creditors from calling you. Your debt counsellor will inform the credit bureaus to flag you as undergoing debt counselling within 30 days of your application. Remember you will not be able to access further credit until you have been rehabilitated.
The debt counsellor will negotiate with your creditors on your behalf for lower interest rates and fees on your various credit agreements, as well as extended payment terms. After this, you will pay one reduced monthly instalment which is the sum of all your instalments for your loans from your creditors. This amount will be distributed to all the creditors that are listed on the plan.
4 Steps for Choosing the Right Debt Counselor for Your Needs.
Let us walk you through the process of choosing the right debt counsellor or credit counselor for your needs.
- It is important to know what type of debt you are trying to consolidate. The first step in the process of choosing a credit counselor is to understand what you want from your counselor. Do you need help with budgeting? Do you want to consolidate debt? Do you want help with a mortgage or vehicle finance?
- It is important to know which type of service you would like.
- It is important to know what are the fees involved. Research their fees and make sure that they are affordable.
- It is important to know how much time you have before your debts become prescribed or go into default.
- Evaluate the different counselors that are available in your area and see which ones are most qualified and have experience in your area of need.
5 Reasons Why You Should Seek Professional Debt Help.
Living with debt can be extremely stressful. Not only is it tough to make your monthly payments, but you also have to worry about the consequences if you can’t. Collection calls, legal action, and salary garnishment are just a few of the things that can happen if you don’t take care of your debt.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by your debt, it’s time to seek professional help. Here are five reasons why:
- Professional help can get you out of debt faster.
- Professional help can reduce your monthly payments.
- Professional help can get you on track with a debt repayment plan.
- A professional can work with your creditors to get your interest rates lowered.
- A professional can help you create a budget that works for you.
- A professional can help you get caught up on your past-due bills.
How to Reduce Debt Repayments in South Africa?
Conclusion and Final Thoughts – All The Ways Debt Counselling Services or A Credit Counsellor Can Help You Out.
Credit counselling is a service that is offered to those who are in debt and have difficulty managing their finances. This service can help you get out of debt by providing you with a structured plan to get out of debt.
The debt counsellor will work with you to create a budget, teach you how to save money, and provide you with the necessary tools to get back on your feet. Credit counselling services are available in your area and can help you with your debt problems. You can also find a list of credit counsellors on this article.